IndiaSkills is an initiative by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India. Since the year 2011, NSDC has been leading India’s participation at WorldSkills International Competition, a biennial skills competition that hosts more than 70 countries as participants.
Post the skill competitions at district, state and regional level held across the country over the last year, IndiaSkills 2018 is scheduled to be held in New Delhi. The national level competition aims to recognize and acknowledge the power of skills and provide a platform for the young professionals to exhibit their talent.
Role of the Sector Skill Council
Aerospace & Aviation Sector Skill Council was involved in
- Mobilisation of candidates to represent India in the World Skills Competition in Kazan, Russia in 2019
- Selection of candidates by conducting Regional Skills and National Skills Competition in Aircraft Maintenance trade
- Carrying-out capacity building initiatives (conduct of workshops, ‘boot camp’, etc)
- Providing technical inputs/ support (engagement of subject matter experts for making of ‘test cases’ and as jury)
- Industry interface facilitation (M/s HAL, VSM Institute of Aerospace Engineering & Technology, Bangalore, School of Aeronautics, Neemrana and M/s Jetserve Aviation, Gurgaon have supported the conduct of the event)
- Competitions are being conducted in “Aircraft Maintenance” under the ‘Transportation & Logistics’ category.
- National level competition was held in Aerocity Grounds, New Delhi between 03 – 05 Oct 2018.
- The following candidates are the winners in the National level competition.
- The top two candidates will be trained for World Skills Competition in Kazan, Russia in 2019. One of these candidates will represent India in World Skills Competition.
|1||Archana K Y||1||Gold|
|2||Sri Ganesha A||2||Silver|